Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Sunday, July 12, 2015

“My Lord, my God, I know.”- President Boyd Kenneth Packer ~ 6 July 2015

It seems that each week in the mission field gets faster and faster! It’s hard to even recall all that happened in one week!

On July 3rd I hit my 10 month mark as a full time missionary and this was the same day that the beloved, and my favorite apostle, President Boyd K. Packer passed away. As I have reflected on how I have "aged" in my mission, I went back to read one of my favorite talks by president packer called, “These Things I Know" from April 2010 General Conference. He read a poem he wrote that has stuck with me. He talks about his age and how his physical body has slowly withered away through the years. But, he says that he would trade youthfulness for anything because of the knowledge and wisdom he has gained - both temporally and spiritually.

You all know how much I love Peter Pan; I wish I could stay young in Neverland forever. But I agree with President Packer, I have learned too much and grown too tall to ever keep myself from aging. How wonderful that God’s plan is one of eternal progression!

Here is the last past of President Packer’s poem:

And now you see I’m 88.
The years have flown so fast.
I walked, I limped, I held a cane,
And now I ride at last.
I take a nap now and again,
But priesthood power remains.
For all the physical things I lack
There are great spiritual gains.
I have traveled the world a million miles
And another million too.                       
And with the help of satellites,
My journeys are not through.
I now can say with all certainty
That I know and love the Lord.
I can testify with them of old
As I preach His holy word.
I know what He felt in Gethsemane
Is too much to comprehend.
I know He did it all for us;
We have no greater Friend.
I know that He will come anew
With power and in glory.
I know I will see Him once again
At the end of my life’s story.
I’ll kneel before His wounded feet;
I’ll feel His Spirit glow.
My whispering, quivering voice will say,
“My Lord, my God, I know.”

I know God lives and His plan of happiness is perfect and real! This poem made me feel happiness that President Packer made it to the end of his life's story.

This week as I have continued my life story, I continued to see more miracles!

Emily Hamilton is preparing to be baptized the 25th of this month! She has had some incredible spiritual experiences and it has been wonderful to teach her about some of the experiences she has had and what they mean. I love how the restored gospel answers our questions so perfectly! Alexandria will hopefully be baptized with her mom, we just need to help her understand what baptism is and why it is so important because she still isn't quite sure. She is the cutest little thing.

Also, we got a referral from one of the Seventy and we contacted the referral. She is golden and we are seeing her in a couple days. No big deal…. haha  Our stake president was going on visits with the Area Authority Seventy and they went to a restaurant afterwards and found this girl who said missionaries used to visit and she missed having them in her home! So we called her and she said we could come! It was kind of funny when President Young gave us the information, he said, “Yah, I think she is in the Elders area, but I don't really care; give her a call, sisters. (: lol … I love Elders but... Ii love being a sister missionary;)

The Clarks should hopefully be baptized this month. Adam gets his surgery soon and wants his baptism done before the operation because who know how long his recovery will be. Plus, he knows that he will have extra help from the Sprit if he does it before. Keep him and Gerri in your prayers, please.

Cool story this week for the Clarks. They own their own transmission shop and just moved it to a bigger location. This was a bit of a risk and their business had not been doing well and bad weird things kept happening and they were having lots of bad luck. They were really concerned and called to ask us if we would come say a blessing over their new shop. We came and kneeled with the Clark family and a couple of their employees and I offered the prayer. The next day they were booming with business and it hasn't stopped yet! They gained a huge testimony of the power of prayer! 

We met this awesome 15-year-old, Leona, who is ready to be baptized. She has had the lessons, she attends seminary, goes to mutual and church when she is allowed and basically taught us! Her parents won’t let her be baptized, so she and her parents just need lots of prayers. We pray her parent’s hearts will be softened.

Well I want you all to know that I know god lives. I know we should never stop marveling at the miracles because the power of Jesus Christ is incredible. I love repentance, it keeps us on the road to perfection and happiness.


-- XOXO, Sister Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment