Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 4 - 6 September 2014

I'm so glad you told me about Brandi, I knew she was in Ohio, but I forgot that was her mission! She is so sweet! Sister Rogers from my district went to BYU and is in to theater and dancing and singing and wants to do the same sort of things I do, so it's been fun to talk to her about that. I love theater SO much and miss all my friends in theater! 

With the 2 short weeks I am here at the MTC I feel pretty lucky to be here during a fast Sunday, because we get an extra devotional. The speaker can be anyone from one of the mission presidents to one of the apostles! It will be wonderful to hear from anyone, but our branch president, President Mosher, said it’s about due time for an apostle! So I’ll let you know who we get to hear from!! SOO EXCITING! 

I am learning so much but ready to get out there! I can't believe its only Day 4! But, I do love it here. I am getting to know some great friends. Today is PDay so we get to go to the temple! I’m so excited; it will only be my 3rd time so I am glad I get to go. 
Guess who else I saw yesterday, briefly as i was heading to my classroom? Michelle! So it was nice to see a familiar face from home, and some one who isn't a missionary so she could tell you I saw her! 

Thank you for the dear Elder letters but for next week let people know that I do check my emails on Saturday while in the MTC so I like to see emails on that day as well (:

I appreciate all the love and support. I don't have too much time to think about how I miss all of you insanely much, just a little at night and when I write these emails, dangit. But I sleep well because I am always so exhausted.

It put a big smile on my face just to know that Mom went in to select choir yesterday morning. They are the cutest; I showed all the sister in my district (the 4 of us room together) the picture of them and the flowers they gave me. (: 

There are so many people here at the MTC that this week we only got one day for gym time. Me and 2 of the sister in my district, Sister Bradford and Sister Rogers (they're companions) ran around this baby size indoor track. The only way we could keep track of how far we were going was the clock on the wall... each lap was about 45 seconds and we ran for 30 min so who knows how many times we ran around that thing! I hope I can stay in shape while I’m out here! I have to keep up with my mom! ;) It was funny, towards the end of our run when we told each other we would just run one more lap, the elders in our district started their run and sister Bradford said, well we have to beat them. So we had already been running for a half hour, they just started, so we started sprinting as fast as we could to beat them, and they saw us and started sprinting as fast as they could. Sister Bradford and I passed one of them and almost another and then we started slowing down, and then so did he, so we beat him in a fast walk. We felt pretty good about our selves. haha 

Another funny story-
I was waiting for Sister Scott to finish up some of her immunizations and these 2 elders waiting were talking to each other, one was learning mandarin Chinese and was trying to teach the English speaking elder. The funny part was the sister standing next to me was from China and knew mandarin and she could not stop giggling at the elders! It was hilarious. 

This adjustment has been crazy different but it makes me so anxious to be a missionary and learn and grow. I know I am here because of God's love and I need to share that love. Sister Scott and I started teaching our progressing investigator. He is role-played by our teacher Brother Baker and his name is Harley. It is AMAZING how when we teach him, Brother Baker disappears and we are teaching Harley. I know that is the spirit doing that and we can get could practice because of it. We taught Harley about faith and prayed with him. I couldn't believe how happy teaching him made me! We are learning a lot from teaching him. Next week we start teaching the role playing investigators that we go to the office to get so it's more real. Usually before you teach them you get a little blurb about them and get a feel for what they are looking for and why they want to meet with the missionaries, but Sister Scott and I have a walk in! We don't know anything about them, so that’s a little scary but I am just so excited to learn. I reallly love people! Even though they aren't real investigators they feel like it and I love them! I can't wait to start teaching actual investigators.

I am doing great and hopefully I will hear from you soon. My complete mailing address is Sister Hatch, SEP 16 UT- SLCE, 2005 N 900 E Unit 136, Provo Ut 84604

No comments:

Post a Comment