Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pray for Our VETERANS

Things are going great here. I always have fun stories and many miracles through the week - life is good. I am learning everyday, which I am so grateful for because I have much to learn! I love people though. I love making a difference in the lives of people I love. I love becoming a part of their life and knowing I had a role in making it better. 

We have been meeting with the cutest, bubbliest, funnest, most amazing single mom. She just heard that she removed her records from the church and we are not sure why yet. But she loves hanging out with us and praying with her and her kids and sharing scriptures. She has especially been having a hard time this week because of Veterans Day coming up. She was in the Army and has really sad experiences. She has lost lots of friends due to PTSD, not from actually fighting in the war. Please pray for Kimberly and also John this week as we remember our veterans tomorrow. I'm so grateful for our soldiers who sacrifice more than we know so we can live the lives we do. They are a lot like our Savior.

Our miracle this week is that we have a new investigator in a ward that hasn't had any investigators for at least six months! We came in contact with this AWESOME less active man, John who wants to start coming back to church. He is this hard core military guy in the army who just has the most beautiful heart and the most beautiful testimony. His girlfriend, Andrea, is our new favorite person. She is just the most real, down to earth, coolest girl you will ever meet and she has been through a lot. She said she has never know how to grow spiritually and she wants to learn. So we are teaching them both now and we are sooo excited.

Also teaching people truly is fun. Oh my goodness I love teaching little kids! There is this family we teach - their mom is a single mom, she has 3 kids - they are recently reactivated but there mom just doesn't really know anything. So every couple weeks or so we come and have them act out a scripture story. This week we are doing Nephi getting the plates. They are so fun! And they always get so much out of it! It's amazing to see their testimonies grow just from learning the scripture stories. Also there is this cute little girl named Maloo, her 12-year-old brother Christian is a recent convert who we still teach, and instead of calling me "Sister Hatch" she calls me "Mister Egg." haha She is the cutest. The best part about being a missionary is being a friend to so many who you wouldn't get the chance to meet, unless you were a missionary! Oh, so awesome story. So the grandpa of this family is a composer from Brazil and he just created this beautiful piece that he wanted to send to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but English isn't his first langue so Sister Britton and I got to help him with it! Like putting the syllables of the lyrics in the right places with the music. Anyway, he had a meeting a man from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the man LOVED HIS SONG!! So it is going to be shown to Mack Wilberg soon and hopefully they will sing it someday! So special. I love Utah

I am doing well. I'm so grateful everyday for the spirit that guides me, for knowing that the lord knows and loves me and everyone I teach, and the Christ is my savior. I am trying to understand his atonement better each day so I can be a better missionary.

SOO happy to hear about LEE!! [BYU residence hall friend from China who will be baptized this month] - Yay!! Send her my love and congratulations!

That’s amazing about the Allen twins! So cute! Love Lindsey’s email. They are amazing. That whole situation is just so happy. I love their family and Braden and Heather’s family and the beautiful unity they share.

You are a champion, mama! Always doing so much and blessing so many! Tell Scott thank you for being with my beautiful family while I am gone and I wish I could feel his sweet spirit of joy and love! I hope he works out going to school here in the states! ...or maybe.. BYU?? haha He's such a cutie!

I just sent you Karina’s card so you could call her and talk about it. She would love to hear from you and you would LOVE to talk to her. She is doing amazing by the way. She has truly seen the hand of the Lord in so many aspects of her life and her heart has opened so much to us. She calls us her angels and thanks Heavenly Father for sending us everyday. Things like that make all the hard things here worth it. I love her so much!

I love hearing from everyone! I am going to send a letter home today so tell everyone who has sent me letters I have not forgotten them - especially Karson and Amy. I LOVE their letters and I will write back as soon as I can. We just don’t' have a lot of time.

I can't believe how quickly time goes. I have so much to learn and so many people I need to help. I am so grateful for this experience and for your prayers. Thank you for you're example. <3

Sorry I don't have lots of time today. Today is one of the elder’s birthday , so for preparation day we are throwing him a little party. Our zone activity is going to be capture the flag but instead of normal tagging we are filling up panty hose with flour so when you whack each other the flour flies everywhere. So for all those who think missionaries are boring.. we have real life fun. (: haha.
I love you and I can’t wait to hear from you next week!


XOXO Sister Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment