Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Monday, November 3, 2014

Baby Lily is PERFECT!

Family! 

I have been anxiously waiting to see my sweet niece! Thank your for the pictures!! She is so beautiful I cried! Heather and Braden do good work! I can't wait to see her when she is a year and a half old. Keep sending me lots of updates! I love that Easton is already so protective of her. He will be the best older brother, Lily Maelynn is a lucky girl. haha Easton is a crack up ;) Give them both lots of love for me! Its only been 2 months sinceI last held a baby and I'm already dying! So many cute little ones in this area, I just want to hold them and love them!! It's so fun, I actually found my "mission baby" twin - we have the same birthday because she was born the same day I entered the MTC, she is one of our ward missionary's babies, so today is both of our 2-month birthdays!! So sweet ;)

I love hearing about the choir and all the fun things going on in happy Holbrook! Mom, I'm am so grateful for your love and willingness to help all, you are such an example. Love love love you!!! Tell choir I love them - both my select choir kids and my swing thing choir that I still feel like I am in ;) Tell Demi she's a champ and to email me when she is stressed. I know that life! 

I'm glad the Petrified Forest marathon turned out! Speaking of Mike doing that; I miss the McClellans! Tell them I would love to hear from all of them ASAP! ;) Also glad to hear about our amazing stake conference lead by our amazing stake president ;) I LOVE your challenges, dad! I am definitely going to do that [highlight and study when prophets quote prophets at General Conference] when we get the Ensign. I have been reflecting on my testimony a lot lately and how to make sure I am always continuing in my conversion. Your challenge and notes on what you learned from Elder Holland will be helpfull in my studies! Thank you mom and dad for your amazing example! And Karson thank you for the letter, I will hopefully have time to respond today. You are amazing and I'm so excited about your calling! - I hope your studying lots from Preacg My Gospel, especially chapter 13. Ward missionaries and ward members in general are SO important! "How Great is our calling." 

Sister Bates is our 3rd sister! She is from Rocklin, California!! But she doesn't know the Passeys. She is a sweetheart and looks like Velma from Scooby Doo. haha. 

And yes you are right the COLD has finally hit. I'm glad I get to use the excuse "I'm from Arizona" because I look pathetic all bundled up compared to what everyone else is wearing. ;) The Lord is really blessing me because I am as far south as our mission gets. I am SOOO grateful to not be in Wyoming right now! God is good. 

We have had a bit of a slow week this week but lots of good things are happening that will show results soon. We have this golden investigator named Billie Jean and we are working with her alot. She is a single mom with a 6-year-old son and we have only met with her a couple times and she is preparing herself for baptism. She is actually in the Elders area but requested sister missionaries. She is so fun and has definitely been prepared by the Lord. I love teaching her. 

Thank you for praying for some of my investigators! I specifically told Karina that you pray for her and she was so touched. She said she can feel everyone's prayers working. We get to have dinner with her tonight! 

Halloween was AMAZING!! It was the first time I got to go inside the Salt Lake City Temple! I loved the live session!! And I love learning more in the temple each time I go and receive personal revelation. It was a special experience. It astounds me know that the temple was built in the 1800s and that it took 40 years to build. I always knew that, but being inside just gives you so much more of an appreciation. It is so beatiful. Also, being with our entire mission was a blast! The talent show was so fun and President and Sister Eberhardt just make my heart happy. I love them so much!

I love being a missionary even when it's hard and I am so greatful for the love and support all around me. I am so blessed and am grateful for you, my wonderful family, for raising me in the the gospel and being an example of love, light, and truth. Thank you for all you taught me and blessed me with. I know that it is because of you that I have the strength to be here now, doing what the Lord needs me to do. I love the Lord for giving me you and for giving me our Savior. He lives and His atonement can heal us all. I love seeing the atonement work in the lives of others as I visit and teach them. I'm grateful for the spirit and know He can be our best friend as we listen and follow his promptings. I'm know we can get strength, direction and peace from reading the Book of Mormon and other scriptures. And I know that missionary work is the LORD's work! He will help us as we trust and follow Him. I'm so blessed to be able to share my testimony everyday. I love you. 

-sister hatch 

p.s. my invitation this week is for all of you to pray for a specific person you want to share the gospel with and ask how you can bring them closer to Christ and then DO IT! The Lord helps us when we ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment