Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Monday, January 11, 2016

"And thus ended the twentieth year" (Alma 50:16) ~ 11 January 2016

Hi Family and Friends. (:
So this week was way rough but definitely a growing week. Change equals repentance. We had some great spiritually uplifting meetings on Sunday so I am looking forward to starting a fresh week.

I am so grateful to have a loving Heavenly Father who literally councils with us and guides what to do and what to say and where to go. He is so real.
This week our stake revised its boundaries. I had no idea how attached I was to the people we are working with until we lost like half of them to another ward. It was like transfers all over again! ha ha But the spirit there was so strong and I know this is an opportunity for improvement and growth. We went from 11 investigators to 4 and lost most of our less active members who we have gotten really close to. :(  I know that being sad by change is not a bad thing because it means we put our heart into something or someone. The harder thing is having an open mind and an open heart to embrace the change and make miracles happen. I loved what a member of the stake presidency said: "If next week all you change is your building and the time you meet, then you have missed the message." What a blessing it was for me to look inside myself and realize what changes need to occur in order to submit my will to the Lord and accomplish His work, not mine.

Eric Lidel has committed to baptism for this month which was a huge miracle! We committed him to the 16th and he was very nervous about it. We prayed with him and he said he was going to need to pray some more. A couple of days later he texted us and said he knows it is right but is very nervous. He doesn't feel ready but knows he can be. He fell off date for the 16th because of scheduling conflicts and now isn't sure what will work. He feels overwhelmed but he knows this is right. Please keep him in your prayers.
Sister Hill and I have prayed and know that God has prepared 3 people this month to be baptized. We just need to find the other 2. We are excited to find them and have been praying super hard! More prayers would be greatly appreciated. I know you all are praying for me. When things get hard I think of all the prayers on my behalf and I get immediate strength. So, thank you.
So, I turn 21 this month. The time I have been here seems so short and yet how crazy is it that I left as 19-year-old and I have been doing missionary work all the way until my 21st year!? Crazy. But I was really excited to share that verse with you all ;)

Looking back some years down the road, this is the time I imagined myself leaving for a mission. Now if am almost done and feel so very blessed for the person God has helped me, and continues to help me, to become. He knows best. I love Him with my whole soul and wouldn't trade the relationship I have with Him and my Savior for anything else. I love being a missionary. (:
Have a good week and a cake for me.
--
XOXO, Sister Hatch


No comments:

Post a Comment