Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Monday, January 11, 2016

"Because of his loving kindness..." - 1 Nephi 19:9 ~ 4 January 2016

The New Year has begun and things are rockin' and rollin' here in Rock Springs!

The weather has dropped to minus 20. A piece of advice for the wishful Wyoming travelers: hold your breathe. When you breath the air in, it caused you nose hairs to freeze and causes pain and discomfort. It’s amazing what cold feels like in comparison though, I never thought I would be so pumped for zero degree weather! #missionarymiracles

haha Anyway, we sure have had some miracles here. I love the new year and evaluating my year and how I can be better. It’s crazy to think that last year I was looking forward to my entire year of missionary work. It has flashed before my eyes and it made it little different for me to set goals because I only have a few months left as a missionary and then I will be back to normal life. however I concluded that I want my goals to be the same as last year, I still want to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. Changing from a full time missionary back to a member missionary will make that a little different but through Jesus Christ we can continue to change and become.

I have thought these last couple of days about how to be more charitable. That is something I want to become this year, along with the other Christ-like attributes. Jesus Christ atoned even for those who despised, ridiculed, scorned, mock, spat upon, and crucified Him and He did it solely because of His unwavering love for those individuals. Because of His loving kindness my soul has been redeemed, my hurts have been healed, and my weaknesses have become strengths. I pray as we approach the new year we can each be a little better because of his loving kindness.
Lots of love<3

--
XOXO, Sister Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment