Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Help my People ~ 22 February 2016


Hello to all my people, this week has been so full of good and crazy and stress and happy that I don't even know where to start.

First, I will start with my testimony. Heavenly Father knows us inside and out. He knows where we are weak and where we are strong and he gives us exactly what we need to let our strengths show and make our weaknesses stronger. He knows our capabilities and our potential and he never EVER leaves us.

This week we had the wonderful opportunity of hearing from three general authorities. Elder Pingree of the Quorum of the 70, Elder Christensen, the President of the Quorums of the 70, and Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. Wow. What an uplifting experience. The whole thing was really focused on the atonement of Jesus Christ and being the BEST we can be.

I wish I could share everything that was said with you, but for now I will just tell you of one story that Elder Ballard shared with us from when he was a mission president in Canada. One day when they had just received a group of missionaries into the field, one of the brand new Elders came up to him and said, "I am going to be the best missionary you have ever had." He replied that he seemed like a wonderful young man and he had no doubts that he would be! The Elder said again, "No, you don't understand. I am going to be the BEST missionary you have ever had." He went on to tell him about his father, who he had just kissed good-bye at the Salt Lake City airport and who had a terminal disease that would surely kill him in less than 2 years. This Elder went on to explain that he had been pleading with his Heavenly Father during the entire flight that if he would be the BEST missionary he could be, would He keep his dad alive while on his mission.

So, his first night at dinner, they ate with some members and finished in 45 minutes.  The place where he was serving was the closest civilized place you can get to the North Pole. It was the middle of winter, 60 below zero, and the wind was blowing hard. But, he told his companion, "Elder, its time to go." His trainer said, "well we don't have any appointments tonight, the weather is not sufficient to go tracting, so I thought we could just stay here and teach a lesson." The new missionary said, "no, Elder, its time to go." So, the Elders put on their coats walked outside and the new missionary put his hand on his trainer's shoulders on this cold porch and said, "Elder, you've got to help me save my dad." This Elder went on in his mission for two years and truly was the BEST he could be, he had lots of success, served as assistant to the president and returned home to his father.

Elder Ballard said that when we are the best we can be, when we keep the commandments, and when we apply the atonement, we have the right to call down the powers of heaven.
I know that just like this Elder served with all of his heart, might, mind, and strength for his dad's sake, Heavenly Father NEEDS us to serve Him with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength so we can help His people - all of them. Each soul is so great, I want to save all of them. I don't think that is possible, but the least I can do is to be the best I can, so Heavenly Father can lead me to those who need me, and I can ask Him for ANY righteous desire of my heart.

It is the love of God which "sheddeth itself abroad unto the children of men, wherefore it is most desirable above all other things, yea, the most joyous to the soul.
I know we feel more of God's love when we are the best we can be. I know he loves His people, and His people are our people. So, we must all help the people.

Miracles with my people:

Shaun came to church for the 1st time and was brought by two of his less active friends, as well as Erica, who is also investigating. Shaun touched his heart at the end of sacrament meeting and said, "I know this is true." He is preparing for baptism.

Jerry finally started reading the Book of Mormon!

Kayden was baptized. He is 10 years old and was planning on getting baptized with his aunt who is his guardian. She had some last minute concerns and decided , unfortunately, to not be baptized at this time, but Kayden still went forward.

Lawrence is our new investigator! He is a self-referral who visited the visitors center in Hawaii and loved it!

I love the people!

Have a blessed week!

--
XOXO, Sister Hatch
Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. ~Alma 26:35

No comments:

Post a Comment