Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Have faith, have hope, live like his son, help others on their way. "He sent His Son" (Children's songbook) 21 MARCH 2016

Friends and family,
What a glorious week of lasts. My heart is full but I have few words.  My mission is over!

We began this week with exchanges. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity these last couple of transfers to have been able to be a trainer for my wonderful sisters and to learn from each of them. I know that the Lord qualifies the called. I have seen His hand so much as I have worked with the sisters here in Wyoming and counseled with them to continue to grow and change and become. He loves us so individually!
We had lots of exchange miracles in both areas so it was such a good start for the week to really take off! We were able to find an investigator family of four and a part-member family with an unbaptized 9-year-old that asked us to come and teach their son and prepare him for baptism! God has given us so much and I wish I could stay to see the end of it. But as you said dad, as we let our light of Christ shine, the spirit of Christ will have a lasting effect. I'm grateful to have been a small part of the good things to come here in Rock springs.

We also had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple as departing missionaries! It was so wonderful! I love the revelation that can be received as we go to the Lord’s House. I love the clear mind I have at the temple and the opportunity to talk with the Lord.

Saturday was Joe's baptism. It was a beautiful spiritual feast filled with love and the Holy Ghost. I was so touched as Sister Earl and I got up to teach the restoration like we always do at baptisms - while Joe and Brother McDonald were changing. The Spirit hit me so hard about the reality of this restored gospel. As I recited Joseph Smith's first vision, tears came to my eyes. I am so grateful for that pillar of light my brother Joseph saw. I know with all my heart that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, came down in that pillar of light, and because of that we have that light whenever we choose to follow the Savior. I know this because of the bright light in that room at Joe's baptism. I know it because I saw it in Joe's face, in his smile, and in his eyes. It is real, and it is full, and it is complete.

I know that as we have faith, and hope, and live like His son, we will help others on their way. Nothing can replace the tears shed at an individuals baptism or the smile on their face as they are brought unto their Savior or the light that comes into their eyes when they discover and feel the truth of this gospel. I love God’s children. I have loved these last 18 months of dedicated service to my Father in Heaven, to do nothing but help others on their way to Jesus Christ. It has brought me closer to Him. I know that Christ lives and I am grateful to be able to continue to now serve him in different capacities with all of my heart, might, mind and strength. "How great is our Calling".

See you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment