Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Monday, December 22, 2014

An AMAZING week! December 22, 2014

LOL, Mom, you called me Elder Hatch :'D in your email to me this week - I love you so dang much! That reminds me of a funny story: So there is an Elder Hatch in our mission who is serving in the ASL branch so at mission meetings we get to sign a little and its really fun. President Eberhardt found out that I sign but there aren't sisters in that branch and so during transfers when he was deciding where to put people he told one of the elders he should just put Sister and Elder Hatch together in the ASL branch. hahah He is such a funny guy. I am grateful to be where I am at though, I LOVE it. Actually, one of our investigators, Teresa (she likes us to call her mother Teresa) she reminds me of you, but anyway she thinks its weird to have to close your eyes when we pray so I told her that of  course you would keep your eyes open in sign lauguage so when ever we are at her house now I say the prayer in sign language so she can look at me and not shut her eyes. (:

Thank you for all the fun pictures!! I am sorry I am not good at sending pictures. Cameras are complicated!

Mom, I just want to thank you for your big heart so full of love. I don't know if I have ever told you this but you are the least judgmental person I know and that’s why everyone loves you so much. You light up people’s life. I was just thinking about that the other day and I am so grateful for your example. I can't ever thank you enough for how much light you bring into my life.

Stephanie’s baptism sounds perfect. What an amazing girl and how special you could be a part of it. Ron Radcliffe had to go out of town after our first lesson because his son is not in very good shape. He has a drug problem and they are really concerned about him. Please keep Brook Radcliffe in your prayers. Other than that most everyone is doing pretty well. Pray for Justin and Kris and Michael that they will open their hearts. Martha is who is progressing but we haven't visited her for a while. We are planning to help her get baptized by the end of next month.

So this week was AMAZING because we had zone conference. Right now I am working on becoming the "Fourth Missionary" which is from a talk by Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge that was mentioned all throughout our zone conference and we have been asked to read. I am just getting started on it but you should look it up it is incredible. How cool that Dad got to be in zone conference just a day after me! Ours was exceptional. Sister Eberhardt talked about "soul delighting" and how we can find happiness and joy in many things that are good things, but it is only within the gospel and our Savior that our souls can truly delight. My soul delights in being a missionary. The assistants talked about unconditional surrender and how we need to put our future dreams and wishes in a box for a year and half and serve the lord. They compared it to the story of “The Three Trees” (an old folk tale, if you don't know it you should look it up it is amazing!) it shows that when we give ourselves to the Lord we see the reality of our dreams and wishes but in a way we could never imagine possible. My gift to Christ  this year is serving and worshiping Him with all my heart, might, mind, and strength (2 Nephi 25:29 and D&C 4:2). I want to tell you more about it on Christmas! (Thanks for setting up Skype! – YAY!)

The miracle and best news of this week was our mission Christmas devotional. Sister Britton was asked to come up with a choir for it and eight of us have been rehearsing for the last month. At zone conference, the day before the devotional, Sister Eberhardt comes up to us and says "not to make you more nervous about performing, but you will be singing for one of the Twelve! We just had the most amazing devotional by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland! But wow, what an experience.  ahh wow I don't even know how to type about it. He asked to shake all our hands (200 missionaries) and it reminded me of when Christ came to the Americas and took the time for each person in the to come and feel the wounds in his hands. I can't wait to tell you more about it at Christmas! 


 Christmas at home sounds like it is filled with the spirit! I can't wait to meet Lexi when I call home! yay I am so excited. I am also just really happy to be here though. As much as I love you, this season has not been as hard as I thought it would be. I feel so much love around me and am so focused on my savior. I think a mission is the best place to be on Christmas and I am so happy that your Christmas is filled with the light of Christ as well. It is the only way. I wish I could be serving a mission every Christmas! But I am so so so so soooo excited to see your beautiful faces on Christmas. (: 

(We only get 45 minutes, btw...eeep) 

I love you, see you soon! (: 
I miss your laugh. <3

Love, SISTER Hatch ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment