Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength - February 2, 2015

I love you all and am doing so well! I have learned so much about trusting in the Lord and being changed for the better, yet I still feel so much like me! The Lord does amazing things for us as we give him our heart, might, mind, and strength. I am working on doing that. I want to give him EVERYTHING. I am trying to learn how I can do that. 

Everything is going so great here! I am kind of holding my breath because this has been the best transfer ever! I love my area and my companion and my district, and all the people! It seems too good and I am just nervous it might change! I am just trying to show the Lord that even though I feel so comfortable here I can still work hard everyday. But, I know He knows what is best and I will enjoy it while it lasts! 

We do have district meetings every week and they are wonderful! That’s what I love best about my district, we are all like best friends and we have lots of fun together on p-day but they are also the most spiritual group of kids and I am so edified each week from Elder Tidd’s trainings. Zone meeting is once a month so that will be this Friday. Our senior couple in the stake is the Hunts. I think I have mentioned them before - they are the BEST. Truly our secret weapon. They finish their mission the end of February, which I am heart broken about, but they are serving in their home stake so when they are done they will still be here and we will DEFINITELY utilize them! 

We have had tons of miracles from dropping investigators this past week! Martha went to church and we are hopefully meeting with her this week. She is still a little sad I think but I feel so much that she is ready to take this step of faith and be baptized.

Also Ron. Man, his lessons are my FAVORITE. I really connect with him. He is preparing to be baptized on February 21st but isn't very sure he can get all his answers by them. Please pray for him. Sister Coleman and I feel sooo strongly that February 21st is when he is supposed to be baptized. 

Sister Coleman  and I prayed about a goal for people to be baptized this transfer and we both felt strongly we could get three. I know it will happen as we press forward with faith and LOVE, WORSHIP, and SERVE the Lord with all our heart, might, mind, and strength (Mark 12:30, 2 Nephi 25:29, D&C 4:2)

We found a NEW investigator this week who is SOLID! His name is Kenneth. He was at the home of a family where we were teaching a lesson to some kids. It was the lesson on the plan of salvation. He loved it and had lots of questions and contacted us so we could answer his questions. We did and he said , "Perfect! That makes sense. Ok, I am ready for another lesson." It was amazing!!! We taught him about the restoration and when we told the story of Joseph Smith, the first thing he said, before we even asked anything, was "Oh ya, I believe that! There is no other way!" AH, soo, we invited him to be baptized and he said yes. We are praying to know if we should put him on date this week for the end of February. Sis. Coleman and I feel like we are really here for him. We connected really fast. 

Our stake is lacking a little in missionary work. They have a desire but no direction. That is one of our goals this transfer: to get the stake excited and to correlate with them more fully. There is so much potential here and I feel that is key for helping us reach our goal of 3 baptisms. Sister Coleman came from a really strong stake in her last area; she is just what this area needs. I love hearing about the work going on in our stake at home. 

Oh, I am heart broken also about Bishop Miller leaving, :( I was so looking forward to being a part of the ward under his direction for a little bit when I got home since I never really got a chance. He is such a wonderful man and a wonderful family. They are going to bless the whole church, which I am sure is why he is being asked to move around. He is going to touch so many people’s lives. I am glad I got the chance to be touched by him in seminary for 3 years. 

Well, I love you so much! I love all of you who are taking the time to read my emails. I truly appreciate the love, support, and prayers. Thanks for all the fun news! Karson is so stinkin’ adorable and I promise I will write her soon! It’s kind of hard to find time to write on p-days… I can't believe how quickly they go by! But. if anyone is sad I haven’t written them back, tell them I haven’t forgotten about them and I am grateful for their letters. I am soooo excited about Lily's blessing!

God is good.

Love, Sister Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment