Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The 24-hour Challenge - February 9, 2015

Hey and Hi!

This week was really good! We are reaching more of our goals, and Sister Coleman and I are really seeing the stake grow and having lots of fun doing it! She is my best friend! I love teaching people about the gospel and feeling my spiritual knowledge and testimony grow! 

We started this month as a mission to study charity. Charity literally is everything. It pops up everywhere in my studies. Without putting my whole heart into my mission and without love, my mission would mean nothing! I might convert people, because the gospel is true no matter WHAT, but the PURE love of Christ is why the gospel matters to me. There is nothing better than feeling Christ’s love and that is really what I want to share. I am grateful for the opportunity I have this month to understand it more! I would invite everyone to study charity more this month! I promise you feel the spirit more in your life. 

Our zone has been doing the “24-hour” challenge. It is super hard. The scripture for it is Ephesians 4:29 and it’s this:

1. Go for 24 hours without criticizing anyone for any reason (including yourself)
2. When you make a mistake, and you will, you must start the 24 hours over
3. If you think a critical thought & control it within 30 seconds you don't have to restart
4. You have until the millennium to complete this challenge (:

We have started over a bunch, the criticizing yourself has been the hardest in the morning because it's when we are getting ready! :/ But, it really help to train your mind to think of everyone as Christ would.

Ron has been super sick so we haven't taught him much this week but he came to church and we stopped by to drop off a card for him and we chatted and shared a scripture. We are really trying to help him understand just how prepared by the Lord he has been. He has more faith than he understands and we feel so strongly about him being baptized on the 21st. We are praying so hard that he feels for himself that his testimony is strong enough. He is such a caring and genuine man, I know he just wants to give everything he can and feel really sincerely that he should know and feel enough to be baptized . 

Kenneth is probably the most fun lesson of the week. We just laugh and laugh! He is so solid though. He came to church and is excited to be baptized on the 26th! We taught the commandments yesterday. When we were talking about the Word of Wisdom, we got to “no tea” and  he goes, "OHH, I CANNOT do tea! That stuff is just NASTY. Its got this freaky wine-y taste and when I drink it i feel like something is ga-rowing on my tongue!" haha

Martha still hasn't met with us :( She is going to church with her friend in a different stake still but she has been really busy.

I am so sorry to hear everyone is so sick! :( Something has definitely been going around. Lots of the missionaries here got sick at Christmas time, so I was living off essential oils and vitamins and made it though, but its coming around again, I just got a cold but I am feeling better. I hope you all do soon!

It's pretty cool that Lily will be blessed the weekend of February 28th, because that is the Sunday that Kenneth gets confirmed! A baptism and blessing weekend (:  Those are always the best Sundays, so the 28th will be extra special. <3

It's so nice that you had Elder Chipman in Holbrook for such a long time, 5 months! Can you believe that’s how long I have been out?! I can't!  I still feel like a brand new missionary, it kind of scares me thinking about how quickly this experience goes by, sometimes I wish I could be a missionary forever! But anyways its nice to be in an area for so long. I love my area and I hope I get to stay until Sister Coleman goes home in May. or at least just before that. I love everyone here and I love having time to build relationships with all of them.
Gram told me about the Hatch’s move to Houston. I’m so happy for their family but will miss having everyone in Az! but Tay and I can have fun at the Y, I hope she gets in! Man, I have grown to truly love the mountains, but I was talking with a member here who used to live in Az and we just went on and on about the sunsets, I miss those, especially with Arizona’s birthday coming up!

Tell Stratton i am so proud of him for being excited for Disneyland-  eat a churro for me and try and make it on the peter pan ride(:

Tell aunt vicki I love her!

The new boots are fantastic!  And so adorable (: Crazy though, its been in the 60's and yesterday it was in the 70's! So I haven't touched my boots for a week! I guess Sis. Coleman and I brought the Az and Georgia sunshine with us.

I love the different stories about how people are brought in to the church. Music is so powerful! I am so grateful that I have been able to use music so much on my mission, it truly opens doors and I love singing now more than I ever have before in my life.


MwaH! Love, Sister Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment