Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Thursday, February 19, 2015

"Let us all press on in the work of the Lord!" ~ February 16, 2015

Things here are going great! Our week was a little slow because poor Sister Coleman was sick, but she is doing much better now and our week was still very eventful. 

Wednesday I had my first Exchange OUT of my area. It was a challenge. I felt so useless because I didn't know anyone and I was so sad to miss all of the lessons with the people I love in MY area.  But it was great to be with Sister Dodd, Sister Britton’s new companion. She has been in my zone for the past few transfers and I love her. I learned a lot from being with her. She is so service oriented and always wanting to help people. (even me, she made me raspberry pancakes and vanilla honey tea in the morning (:) She has a very powerful testimony and the best laugh! So exchanges are definitely inspired but I am grateful to be in the Big Cottonwood stake with Sister Coleman. 

On Thursday President and Sister Eberhartd asked Sisters Coleman, Britton, Dodd, and I to serve dinner to the departing Senior missionaries at the mission office and also sing for them! We had a lot of fun. We sang an a capella version of our mission song, Brightly Beams Our Father’s Mercy, and we were excited that we made Sister Eberhartd cry ;)  Sister Britton’s trainer, Sister Bowman was also there visiting the mission so I got to meet my mission  "grandma" (because she trained my trainer).

Valentines Day was fun. Sister Coleman was resting in the morning to feel better so I made valentines for people in our area and then we delivered them in the evening. We shared scriptures with the valentines, 1 Nephi 11:22 and Moroni 7:47.

Sunday we got to sing in one of the elder’s wards. I love singing with Sister Coleman! And we also had the best meetings!

We went to Sunday School in the 2nd Ward with Kenneth and it was on the role of the Holy Ghost. We were reading scriptures and sharing what truth the spirit can bear witness of in correlation with the Spirit. Kenneth read the promise in the end of the Book of Mormon -  Moroni 10:5 >> "and by the power of the spirit you may know the truth of all things." And then he bore his testimony to the class about how he did what Sister Coleman and I invited him to do and pray to know if this was the true church and if he should be baptized and he said he felt the best feeling of peace and serenity and he knew everything he has been learning is true. He said he has prayed other times to God and asked him questions before in his life and has never felt before what he just described. It was so special for me  to hear that he received that witness because of an invitation we had given him. The spirit is so powerful, but I, as the lords servant get to help deliver that spirit and this true message.

We went to the 14th Ward Sacrament meeting with Ron and a new young couple, the Hansens, spoke. Sister Hansen’s talk was on faith and it was literally exactly what Ron needed to hear. It was so powerful and simple and I could not have been more grateful. Brother Hansen’s talk was on prayer and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I lovvvvve going to church! 

Ron is so amazing, we are meeting with him tonight and rescheduling his baptism for the 28th. We just have a lot left to teach him. He and his wife Judy are also just having a hard time right now because their son Brook is not doing well. He is not making good choices and he has just lost all hope. Judy is worried he may not make it. Please keep him in your prayers. I know everything will work out though. I have so much love in my heart for Ron. He is an incredible person and I feel very connected to him. I know the Lord is watching out for him and his family, and I am praying that he can just recognize it. 

We had to drop Martha :( We haven't been able to meet with her and she is just showing less and less interest. One day she will piece everything together and remember the power of the light over the darkness, but she just isn't there yet.

We are headed into the last couple weeks of the transfer and working towards reaching our goals. Missions have lots of rough patches and lots of joyous ones. "Let us all press on in the work of the Lord!"

Tell Idalia I love and miss my Mexican grandma. ;) SOO excited to hear about my girl Saretta! Tell her congrats and send my love. I am so glad to hear about all the missionary efforts in happy Holbrook! Oh how I love my home town, (by the way I wore all of my turquoise and silver on Valentines day because it was also Arizona’s birthday! I love the Utah mountains but I’m missing the sunsets <3 Sister Coleman was showing me pictures of the Georgia green. I love all the beauties of the earth around the world

Love love love you!


-Sister Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment