Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Friday, June 5, 2015

"Have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men." Moroni 7:29 ~ June 1, 2015

Well everyone, there must be some serious angels helping us minister here in Green River because, HOLY WEEK OF MIRACLES!

Last week on Monday morning after emailing, I prayed to have my fears replaced by faith for this coming transfer and Heavenly Father out poured blessings!

1st miracle: My lovely new companion Sister Smith! She is from Seattle area and we were in the same zone back when I was in Salt Lake. She has been one of those instant friends and we have already had lots of fun together and most importantly, have seen some incredible miracles.

2nd miracle: Denise. She is our new investigator who has been dating a member for several years and just started coming to church with him. She has seen how the Lord has blessed her since coming so she wants to take the lessons. We had our first lesson with her on Wednesday when we invited her to be baptized to which her response was..., "I don't know any one in there right mind who WOULDN'T want to be baptized into this church!" She is so prepared! She "feels the music" we just have to "teach her how to dance" (: (See Elder Wilford Anderson - General Conference, April 2015)

3rd miracle: The Cook family. This is a member couple with four unbaptized children who we had been trying to contact all last transfer, and before I got here, too. Sister Cook has been to church the last couple of weeks and we finally talked with her to see if we could visit. She said she would call and let us know. On Saturday we had dinner at a member’s house. Their son came up to us and asked if we were busy Thursday at 7 and if we knew the Cooks.... he preceded to tell us that Sister Cook asked us to come over at that time, her kids are all ready to be baptized, and she wants it done within the next couple of weeks before her husband has to leave for work... that never happens! Four miracle baptisms this month. dang. The Lord loves his children.

4th miracle: Our potential investigator Ernest. We saw him outside with his family and he is an active Pentecostal who loves Jesus Christ. He has been taught a few of the lessons before and had lots of questions about the Book of Mormon. We answered them for him and he was very interested and took a Book of Mormon and said he would read it and we can come back next week. (: I love being able to bear my testimony about the Savior more than anything and I am so grateful that my testimony of the Book of Mormon has strengthened so much that it strengthens my testimony of the Savior. Testifying of the Savior and the Book of Mormon and the Bible truly go hand in hand. I am especially grateful that the Spirit testifies of truth.

Many more miracles were seen but these are the highlights… or the cliff notes. I could go on and on.

OH the Clarks came to church again. Gerri is on track for the 11th, pray that Adam can make it to church next week and can quit chewing tabacco!

On a more adventurous note>> Sister Smith and I are now homeless, but we think "sister gypsies" sounds more cute. haha Anyyyway. Friday night, the lady we live with, Madeleine, comes down stairs and says, "Sisters, I don’t really know how to tell you this but my son is coming to live with me this summer, so you need to find somewhere else to live." She said no rush, but like its June so probably within the next two weeks.”...perfect. Best part is, we called our housing coordinator Elder Gordon in SLC and told him the situation. He said it was no problem and asked for our address. When we said Green River, Wyoming he goes, "OHHHHHHHHH... sorry, Sisters, you are on your own." HAHAHA So it been an interesting couple of days keeping our eyes open for a place to live. But like you know, we have an awesome stake so they are helping us out. And Elder Gordon will take care of the financial part when we find something. Sister Smith goes home in 3 months, so I was thinking I would be safe from packing for a transfer for at least a few more transfers, but I guess not. haha.

So that’s our week. We are headed to Flaming Gorge for our P-day, so it’s a short emailing day, but I love you all and I know the Savior does too. His Atonement is real.
--
XOXO, Sister Hatch

At dinner after we concluded with our spiritual message we asked if there was anything we could do for the family, their little boy, about 6 or 7 shot up his hand! I said, "Yes, Atticus, what can we do for you?" He looked around the room like he was searching for something to say and goes, "um...follow the Savior." <3 I love kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment