Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength" Mark 12:30 June 8, 2015

This week has been a mission/life changing week and it is hard to put it into words. I love Jesus Christ and love bearing my testimony about him each and every day. I just want everyone to know that his Love is perfect, his Promises are sure, and his Atonement is absolutely 100% real.

I know that Heavenly Father loves us beyond measure and we know that because he sent us His son Jesus Christ to have a fullness of light and happiness today, tomorrow, and for eternity.  I have a testimony of this gospel. I am converted to this gospel. I am being converted each and everyday.

As I have been striving to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength (D&C 4). I have learned this week that truly loving, worshiping, and serving the Lord with all our heart, might, mind, and strength (Mark 12:30, 2 Nephi 25:29, and D&C 4) is a task that we must do "line upon line precept upon precept" (2 Nephi 28:30) through daily repentance and consecration. I have heard the word “consecration” throughout my life and especially on my mission. But I am beginning to understand what it truly means to consecrate ourselves. It is more than having a testimony and it is more than conversion. It is giving our life to our Lord and relying on His grace along with our faith and works to become to the missionary and the child He would have us be. I have SO much to change and so much to give up in order to consecrate myself, but each and every day I can repent and make changes to be who He would have me be, as I submit my will to His. "There are no sacrifices in the gospel, only exchanges for something better." ~ Sister Kent

We had a wonderful zone meeting about consecration, it was very powerful and it marked a new beginning on my mission. I am so excited for what the Lord has in store for me. I also know that He has something grand beyond comprehension for all of you! I invite you to learn and study more about consecration and become who our Father would have you become. It is better than anything you could ever plan for yourself, I promise. I would also love to hear what all of you learn! Please share (:

I know as we consecrate ourselves we can change our lives and the lives of those around us. An Elder said in our meeting, "as long as we are breathing, we have more to give".  ... The Savior laid down his life for US - for you and for me and for everyone. I pray that we can each be like the Savior when He came to the Nephites in the Book of Mormon; He did and taught all that He was asked to by His Father, but because of His compassion, He did even more. I hope we can feel the love of the Savior and our Heavenly Father enough to do a little more than what is required of us. I hope we will all do as much as we can, give until there is nothing else to give. It is the best and fullest way to live. (3 Nephi 17)

We continue to see miracles here in Green River. After a scary weekend of thinking there was no way the Clarks could be baptized, our Savior "helped our unbelief" and through fasting and lots of prayer, Adam has given up chewing tobacco and Gerri and Adam both came to church! We had their interview Sunday night and they are rock solid and so ready to be baptized. We were worried to talk about tithing because of their financial issues, but they were teary-eyed as they bore their testimonies of how they have already seen the miracles of tithing in their life through faithful tithe payers they know. They lit up as we explained that because they are getting baptized on their anniversary, they will be able to be sealed on their anniversary day a year from June 11th. <3 ohh the gospel is soo good! This two-year journey of coming to know the truth has sure been a beautiful one to be a part of.

So many are having a change of heart… In the last two weeks we have taught the “stop smoking” missionary program to 5 people! Two are our investigators. Denise is preparing for her baptism on the 27th; pray she will stay strong to resist the temptation of smoking! Joey is ready to turn his life around and has quit lots of things; pray for him to stay strong, too! We are meeting lots of people who have the prepared hearts and minds to be baptized.

The church is true! I love being a representative of Jesus Christ and servant of the Lord!
oh... and we found a house! A cute little single bedroom robin-egg-blue house. (: We have so many wonderful people taking care of us.

Love, peace, and the gospel; take luck.
--
XOXO, Sister Hatch


No comments:

Post a Comment