Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Sometimes, ... that's just the way the cookie crumbles. June 15, 2015

And it must needs be that the devil should tempt the children of men, or they could not be agents unto themselves; for if they never should have bitter they could not know the sweet—D&C 29:39

This week was hard, but somehow we got through it. Thank goodness for laughter and the light of the gospel. I honestly don't even know what happened this week. It was a physical, an emotional, and a spiritual ROLLER COASTER. But Sister Smith and I have been tasting the “sweet” all transfer, so I guess we needed an opportunity to grow and strengthen our faith through our trials. I learned this week that Satan is really annoying, he really does everything he can to destroy families and cause contention. It makes me cringe that in times like this he is probably laughing at us, but I also learned that no matter what Satan does to tempt us and cause conflict, Heavenly Father quietly whispers, "It is ok; I am still in charge; you are my children and I have a plan." Satan won't be laughing for long.

The Clarks’ baptism didn't happen – but, it will. They both still have strong testimonies and so much desire to be given the gift of the holy ghost. But, life and some evil forces really interfered this week. It seems that everything that could have gone wrong this week did. Our last attempt at resolving the issue the day of their baptism was to drop off a plate of fresh-baked cookies and to talk with them face-to-face to see if we could still make it happen. As we approached their door, Sister Smith picked up the plate of cookies and seriously by some crazy outside force, I swear, the soft cookies literally just crumbled into tiny pieces. It was unreal. Sister Smith just looked at me and said, "… and that’s the way the cookie crumbles." haha We couldn't stop laughing. The rest of the whole day we didn't know if we should burst in to tears or laughter. I'm glad we chose laughter.

We got moved in to our little, old (very old) house, finally, which took up way more time than we expected and turned out to be a real stress. But, we are there and things are starting to look up. We had the house dedicated by our ward mission leader, Brother Wall, and President Glather of the stake presidency. They did so much for us and we were so overwhelmed by that point that we finally had a breakdown. But, we were able to sleep good in our new place and got blessings the next morning. In both my blessing and Sister Smith’s blessings we were told that there are specific people here in Green River, waiting for US to find them and share the gospel this week. It was so powerful and we are doing all we can this week to find them.

I am sad that I won't get to be there for Grandma’s funeral, but I also feel very at peace. I know she is close by me and doing exactly what she needs to be doing for her mission right now. I will miss her hugs.

Denise and Joey are both doing awesome. Both have just quit smoking and are still going strong. Despite, the horrible week that Denise had, she still hasn't even looked at a cigarette! We are so proud of her. The Rapues are also doing so well. They came to church yesterday and Charlotte asked us to “PLEASE" get a Book of Mormon to her sister in Arizona. (: - We got one there. They have lots of trials in their life but they are really progressing now.

I know that this church is true. I know that God is smiling down at us often and always has an outstretched hand. I know that we can trust in Him. I know He has the whole picture and we can rely on him to know everything will be ok. I know He has given us the Book of Mormon and our beloved modern day prophet, President Monson, to look to for guidance and direction. I know that if we can be like the sunflowers the Elder Cook talked about in General Conference and "follow the Son of God as the young sunflower follows the sunshine" we will grow and develop to be the beautiful flower he intends us to be. I love the gospel so much. I pray you can each find a little more light in your life this week by turning your self more towards Him.

I love you all!
--

XOXO, Sister Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment