Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Monday, August 24, 2015

First week of training... 24 August 2015

My new companion, Sister Lawson is Awesome! She is from Dallas. (: She has such a strong desire to serve and a willingness to learn! She was adopted by her biological aunt and uncle when she was four-years-old and that is how she was able to be raised in the gospel. She still has contact with her birth mom and sees the difference between the sadness in her birth mother’s life and the fullness she  has because of the gospel. She says she wanted to serve a mission out of gratitude and a desire to help others to have that fullness of joy. She is so ready to work and so willing to learn from me. We have great unity because I am learning so much from HER! She is very obedient and takes corrections as I try and help fine-tune her exact obedience. Exact obedience is my favorite thing, so I am grateful she feels the same. I know that is how I have been able to see so many miracles daily. 

Sister Masih, believe it or not, went all the way to Rock Springs! haha That is crazy because she has been there before. So, she is very close.  (: 

President and Sister Eberhardt are awesome. I am so grateful for President Eberhardt’s trust in me as a trainer to Sister Lawson. I have wanted to train for a long time because I just want to feel that greenie fire again! haha I have been with older missionaries my whole mission, other than Sister Masih, they are all home now! 

We have four new investigators and one of them gave us these flowers. We have a new mission video! I just saw it for the first time at transfers, which was fun. 

I am sorry to hear about mom’s wrist. I hope she gets to still bike in the Pedal the Petrified event. I know she has been way excited about that.

It is cool to think about God’s plan for His children, but it is so hard to comprehend some things that it is easy to over think. I am glad that God’s ways are better than my ways and I am grateful to always feel peace and the confirmation of the Spirit when I teach the and simple basic doctrines of the gospel to those who are just learning. Father in Heaven always sends me peace. 

So, my new District Leader, (the elders here are white-washing the area and we have a new District Leader, who is also training) is Elder Berry from Farmington, NM. It’s fun to be serving with someone from the same home mission! 

Love you.

-Sister Hatch 

No comments:

Post a Comment