Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Happy day, ALL is well! (: – July 21, 2015


Where do I begin? This week was like the top week of my mission. SO many good things to report. But because of our awesome mission hike, I don't have lots of time.

Just a quick preview>>
The Clarks were baptized! It was so amazing. Adam said that he was so looking forward to the feeling of peace he would get, but he could have never imagined just HOW great he felt. It was so good that his kids could be there. They are adorable and SO want to be baptized, but their mom won’t let them. Gerri has just been waiting to be baptized and she was so ready and was so smiley (: Their blessings for the confirmation on Sunday were just beautiful!

We had 8 again at church, but the big news was that we HIT THE STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE! This is the standard the mission president has set for key indicators that is like top notch. It is to have 1 baptism, 5 at church, 10 lessons with members present, 5 other lessons to nonmembers, 5 lessons to less active or recent converts, 3 new investigators, and 3 progressing investigators. We hit all of these this week OR exceeded. We were so determined, and our faith and the Spirit helped us accomplish our goal. We are so blessed to be helping so many people. What if I hadn't come on a mission?! ugh…

I love being an instrument in the Lord’s hands; there is nothing better than serving with our WHOLE SOUL!!

Our mission hike was so good and you know me, although I love Green River with every piece of my heart, YIKES, it is so good to be around all the missionaries again. We had a blast. I will try and send some pics soon. The hike was soooo beautiful. Hennifer Utah is such a cute little town and the Mormon Trail was just breath taking. It was so neat to stand at the top of the mountain and see the trail that the Utah Salt Lake City East missionaries traveled and our pioneers too (: I love seeing all of my friends and I know the Lord loves when His children can gather together in righteous places doing righteous things. How GREAT will be our joy when we are all reunited in the celestial kingdom. I didn't even really think of that until now, we just shared a lot of laughs and had a good time together. It felt so good. I know that will be the fruit of our labors and the importance of this work: so we can all be happy together, forever! 

My companions are doing great. Sister Smith has started her one-month-count-down, her brother just got home from his mission in the Arizona Tempe Mission, so she is pretty excited to have an return missionary around. She has a very healthy attitude towards going home. She is a good example. Sister Masih is so flipping funny. She doesn't really understand English so she just doesn't catch a lot of things or she will just say really funny things that make us laugh all the time. She has funny phrases she always says like when she falls she says "ouch! so sorry my leg." She is just a hoot, but its hard to explain unless you know her I guess. lol She has a very powerful testimony and always testifies of what we say.

Well, I love you lots! Sorry it is so short.

The church is true, the book is blue, and Jesus Christ is REAL! I hope you can all access the power of His love and forgiveness in your life this next week!


CTR(:

No comments:

Post a Comment