Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:22

Sunday, August 16, 2015

"Humility is the KEY to Inspiration." -The Best Two Years 3 August 2015

"Oh, what a week, in a week, in a week!"- Sister Masih (my Samoan comp who speaks hardly any English. LOL - love her)

This week has picked up a lot since we have a car with miles to use again! We have had lots of miracles and hope to have four more baptism for the last two weeks of the transfer, which is coming much too quickly because Sister Smith is going home :( The only happy part about it is that it gives me a safe assurance that I will stay here in Green River! Hooray! Next transfer will make 6 months here and I never want to leave! I think next transfer might be my last so I will make sure to give my wonderful family here my whole soul!

Speaking of serving with my whole soul, I have learned a lot about humility this week. I have learned to trust more in the Atonement and ask for and trust in the Spirit each and every moment of every single day. I have seen over the last month that miracles truly happen when you make a conscious effort to give everything you have to the Lord. He has blessed me so much with people to love teach and help. However, I don't think it clicked until this week that it doesn't really matter how hard you work if you don't have the Lord. The Lord requires us to serve Him with all our heart might mind and strength so that HE can give us those blessings and make those miracles happen. The diligence we have in our life and the hard work we give has only a small part to do with the rewards that we reap. It is the Lord who makes the magic happen when we are willing to show Him that we will do everything and more for Him.

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." (Alma 26:12)

I am so grateful for the power of Jesus Christ to fulfill my purpose and accomplish my goals each day. We had a wonderful zone meeting Friday about our new vision, goal, and plan for the month. The vision has really struck me: we are to be the missionaries we would be if we knew the Savior was coming at the end of the month. We should live our lives like this always because the Savior lives and He is with us always. I pray I can live my life each day for Him.

Highlights of the week:
We got the Hamiltons moved and all transitioned to their new ward. The Elders Quorum of their new ward helped them move in as well as there new sisters. They are part of the Colorado mission #wyomingmissionlife. Hopefully Dave will be taught soon and their family can be sealed in a year. (:

We met the coolest 12-year-old boy who not only wants to be baptized but also to go on a mission! We taught him the first 2 lessons and he soaked everything in and had the best questions. Sadly, he was just visiting his best friend and he actually lives in Colorado, but hopefully we can get his address soon and send the missionaries over there asap. Man, I just realized how much we are helping Colorado missionaries.

We had awesome lessons with a couple of our investigators just reading the Book of Mormon with them. Two different lessons, but both out of Alma 7 (<3) so good. With Shana it lead to a wonderful conversation about baptism and it is something she has really thought about and prayed about. She has known the missionaries for several years and her 2 kids are members. She says she still feels like she just needs to learn more, so we are starting the formal lessons this week! We also read it with Leona, the 15-year-old who is ready to be baptized, but her parents won’t let her. We asked her to write down a question she had and to think about it as we read. We promised her that if she allowed the Spirit to touch her heart, she would find her answer. We discussed as we read and by the end she could hardly believe that she DID have her question answered. She didn't think it was possible, but it was plainly there in a single verse. I don't know what her question was or what verse gave her the answer, but I do know that the Book of Mormon is true and it can answer any question of the soul!

All of our families are doing good. We are praying really hard to have four more baptisms this transfer, so within the next two weeks. We prayed at the beginning of the transfer and felt so strong that we could have eight, so there are four more. Denise, Charlotte Rapue, Gus Madros, Shana Burd, and the Clarks, could all very well be baptized but they all have minor things holding them back so please keep them in your prayers.

Okay, cute story of the week:
Every Sunday we visit this Tongan family with 9 kids, the Halapuas, (this Sunday I finally remembered all of the kid’s names! woo hoo!) any way, they are reactivating into the church and they just have the sweetest spirits. We watched a Mormon Message and discussed it and what we learned and all that good stuff; the little 6-year-old quietly pipes up in the middle of it all and says, "um... could I give my testimony?" So of course we let him go ahead and he lifts his head up and declares his sweet testimony: "I'd like to bear my testimony, I know this church is true and I know that we have a living prophet on the earth, President Monson, and I know he blesses our families. I love my family. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." It was so cute! I love the testimonies of children.

That’s all for the week. Love you all! CTR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment